Much of your electricity is run through refrigeration. Here are some tips for energy savings through equipment efficiency.
- Invest in ENERGY STAR© fridges and freezers to realize the greatest savings.
- Keep fridges at 4°C and freezers at -18°C for maximum efficiency.
- Keep evaporator coils clean and free of ice build up.
- Ensure fridges and freezer door seals are tight and secure – if you can slide a piece of paper through, the seal is broken.
- Upgrade the store and refrigeration case lighting to reduce energy use by up to 75%.
- Install occupancy sensors in rooms with low traffic to reduce lighting costs by up to 40%.